View Single Post
Old
01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
General Veers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I think we are seeing eye-to-eye on this, so in case you didn't see it here are my thoughts on the PP form another thread.

One thing I have noticed lately watching other teams power plays is that they play one of two styles or if capable a combination of the two. Murray is correct in saying that most teams have similar setups. The difference in a good power play, imo, is either capable of 1. quick passes and/or unexpected movements (ie making the box move to free up lanes) or screens the goalie well with good blue line/ or high slot shooters. So, the fault I see with our PP is the decisions we make with the puck. We are either slow to move the puck...waiting to make things happen or we are not setting up screens when our sniping players have the puck. Either way we are way too predictable with the puck. As much as I hate to say this..watch Detroit's PP...they do all of these well when everyone is healthy.
You're right. The predictable decisions are a HUGE contributing factor! So, do we try something radical to create a spark? Or do we just keep at it, hoping things turn around? The latter choice doesn't seem plausible and the former has basically already been done.(Boyes, PK on the points)

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote