View Single Post
Old
01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
mmitchell19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
I was thinking about it this morning and as far as radical change goes..man thats tough. I would like to see Andy Mac and PK split up. They are both great playmakers and do some different things, but together they just get comfortable doing the same thing. Not to mention they should be setting up our scorers not themselves.
So hows this for radical..

Stemp KT PK - PK and TK had some chemistry on the first line earlier in the year. Stemp getting setup by PK
EJ Sal Sal has a decent shot maybe EJ can set him up, when he doesnt have the shot? Not going to lie Sal scares me on the PP though....just trying to be radical!

Boyes Backes Andy Mac
Backman Walker -Backman is a better passer than shooter and Walker has a bomb...again scarry seeing Walker out there.

D parings and forward lines are interchangable.

I would like to see us try to use the area behind the net like Turgeon used to do...not sure it will work though...but what has.

Interested in hearing the constructive criticisms here. Please note this is me just thinking radical.
I like what you've done here up front, Zundo...

PK & AMac are the set-up men to work the half-wall.
KT & Backes are the bangers to win puck battles in the corners & stand in front for screens, deflections, loose change.
Stempy & Boyes are the snipers to find an open area for a quick shot.

If we're really going for radical change, I'll make the following suggestions for the pointmen:

EJ (Unit 1) and Mayers (Unit 2) are your bombers. EJ, as stated early & often, can get PP shots on net from the point. Jammer has a good hard shot...he can miss the net spectacularly on occasion, but maybe it wouldn't be as bad if he's shooting from more of a set position? These guys would also be your defensive presence to protect against shorthanded rushes the other way. (I know, I know...but we're being radical here...stay with me.)

Perron (Unit 1) and Backman (Unit 2) are your "rovers." Once set up in the zone, they'll occupy a spot at the point...but have the freedom to cut to the net, handle the puck a bit to open up passing lanes, etc. Imagine the puck moving from the half-wall to the near point, and swung to the far point. Generally, the far pointman will either shoot or toss it back to the near point (bomber). What if he had the freedom to roam a bit with the puck & try to do something creative?

I guess what I'm proposing is that you'd have kind of a set-up man down low and up top...two passers, two shooters, one guy parked at the top of the crease.

I fully acknowledge that this will NEVER happen (can you imagine Coach Murray putting EJ & Perron at the point on the #1 PP unit?). This configuration begs for SHG against. But then again...our standard set-ups haven't been too effective at preventing those lately, either...

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote