View Single Post
Old
04-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Since the Wild still hold all the strings here, I don't foresee a problem with our prospects not getting development time. If anyone should be concerned, I think it'd be the Stars. I mean, when the coaching staff gets their paychecks from MS&E, and when Tom Thompson's the GM, I'd think the Wild prospects will get every opportunity the team wants them to get.
I'd imagine the Stars must be trying to find an new primary affiliate to have all to themselves. From the sounds of it, Utah wasn't too pleased with the way the Stars handled things, so maybe a new primary won't be so easy to find for them.
Respectfully disagree ceber. Hamilton was the Edmonton franchise in 2001-02 and Montreal had the Quebec Citadelles. Claude Julien was an Oilers employee, hence the compensation to Edmonton when Montreal hired him as head coach.

When Edmonton agreed to share the franchise with Montreal, I am sure they thought the same way you did, but I really don't think it worked out that way.

As an example if Bacashihua or Ellis is down there and Harding is down there and Harding slumps, regardless of having your future number one guy worked on, the coach is going to coach to win and be successful and be less inclined to develop players. If you have the franchise to yourself, you have all the control over who and how you develop your players.