View Single Post
Old
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Due to everything going on the last couple months, wife's brother passing away, holidays, Ivy's birthday, planning a move, etc., I completely forgot to re-register our cars. It's been in both our minds, but foolishly on the backburner. I was pulled over today, and for the first time in my life in terms of registration, ticketed for not having it renewed. I mean, it's my fault and I'll take responsibility, but c'mon, a ticket?

It's such a dumb thing to be ticketed for. It's like getting a 'too many men on the ice' penalty. Just boneheaded on my part.
Probably the municipality or state where it happened (depending if it was locals or state cops) needs more money and the politicians don't want to raise taxes anymore because they're pretty much maxed out and there would be revolution.

The most common thing to forget here in Vermont is your annual inspection - this is because the state requires the stickers to be located directly behind your rear-view mirror where you can't see it. And the legislature refuses to move it, even though the state's police association has recommended it. My office manager and his wife both drove uninspected vehicles for months before realizing it last year. He finally realized it when he went to take his daughter to take her driving test for her junior license and the instructor pointed it out to him

Luckily our company owns two garages so he was able to get it inspected that day and get his daughter back to take the test at a later time. Then he realized their other car wasn't inspected, either.