View Single Post
Old
04-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Burberry Manning

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
with the goaltenders in these Stanley Cup playoffs. Guys, especially Theodore and Brodeur are underperforming. Dipietro's shown flashes, but has let in a good deal of soft goals. Cloutier was OK, Hedberg hasn't been. Lalime's been weak as have Aubeischer and Turco. Kflabby and Belfour have done well, and Vokoun's been coming on strong, but I really haven't seen that Stanley Cup-winning type of goaltending yet; as such, I think this thing is pretty wide open at this point.
I agree. I do think Vokoun has been pretty good, but then again the shots he has faced have not been extremely difficult saves. Aubeischer has been sub-par but his team is winning and to some degree I guess that is all that matters. Broduer has sucked. Again, I dont want to start a debate but I am of the opinion that he has been overrated and helped incredibly by Stevens and the NJ system. These playoffs are helping my case.

I havent had the chance to see The Rick play because that series isn't shown here in Colorado (although I did see St.Louis' undressing of the Isles D and Cairns' mishaps). From the scores I have just assumed he hasnt been playing to well, does anyone have any insight on this?