View Single Post
Old
01-31-2008, 09:12 AM
daver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
No offense, Dude, but you sound like you have some pent up Dale Hunter/Pierre Turgeon thing going(If you're not old enough to about this incident I am sure someone here can post the video for you and the suspension that followed).

Ovechkin gets a free Ipod for doing and interview and announces to the room, "Its good to be Ovie!!".

His game is fueled by his passion and love for it. It comes out in the energy in his skating and the smile when he scores. If you are hating on that, then you just don't know how to have fun.

The only outragious celebration that I have seen from him this season anyway was when he whooped and thru his glove 30ft in the air, but that was after he scored his 3rd goal of the game for his once a season hat trick and I would expect that kind of reaction.

After reading about how you were when you played, I am more convinced you need to lighten up. Life passes by fast. You are missing it.

I think the over celebrating can sometimes mean getting too excited over a somewhat meaningless goal, giving the impression he cares more about him scoring than the team winning. An example is last year when he scored against Buffalo to make it something like 6-2 for the Sabres and made a specific gesture towards the Buffalo crowd.

daver is offline   Reply With Quote