View Single Post
Old
02-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Now, remember this: Siarhei doesn't have a Jonathan Toews to play with. He has played mostly on the third line since he arrived. Yet his offensive contribution per minute played is very close to the highly praised Kane's, while his defense and his toughness surpasses both of his former linemates fairly easily.

Well done, Siarhei, it's exciting to watch you develop before our eyes!
Your points were good but as far as I can remember, he's mostly played on Saku's line.

But I think you are right about him as a player. He's got everything you need in an impact player. He's not big, but he gives out big hits. He's smart, motivated, skilled and can skate..

He's kicked ass on every team since he's been drafted. I'm sure the other GM's are scratching their heads and asking themselves, "How did he get through the cracks?"

And he's only 20. I don't see why this guy couldn't easilly become a 70pts player when he knows the players more and has had a chance to gain more experience in the NHL.

Siarhei Kastsitsyn
21 gp @ 13:38 per game
5-8-13 +3

This is his record, right? 13:38min per game? As time goes by he will get way more ice time then that. And how much time does he get on the power play? I missed a lot of game this year because I don't have cable, but I have never seen him on the power play...

13/21 = 0.65 pts/game. 0.65 X 82 games is a little over 50pts. As you mentioned, that is with little ice time and I don't think he playes much onthe power play.. I could be wrong about that..

Whatever the case, he's playing great for a rookie and I don't see why he wouldn't continue to get better in the NHL as he gets older and more experienced...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote