View Single Post
Old
02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Radulov is the first true young game-breaker that Trotz has ever coached for the Preds. Trotz get's an undue about of criticism for his failure(?) with young players. Sorry, Legwand, Arkhipov, Hartnell etc never had the offensive game-breaking potential to be 40 goal or 90 point players. I think this criticism isunfairly directed at Trotz because of fans' disappointment that we never had a player like Ovechkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, etc.

I applaud Trotz for putting some discipline in Radu's game, and not allowing him to float around on the first line right away like how Rick Nash has been allowed to do in Columbus since his his rookie year.

In the mean time, Radulov is still scoring at a pretty good clip. Will likely hit around 30 this year, and has actually earned his position on a line with Arnott and Dumont.

As added bonus, this may allow us to resign Radulov at a reasonable extension this off-season, before he starts to put up gaudy numbers.

As for what it'd take to get him from the Preds... not much of a chance at all. It's the first true offensive gamebreaker we've drafted, and I can't really think of anyone I'd trade him for outside the obvious (Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, etc).

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote