View Single Post
Old
04-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Kubera55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I think Olesz might be the best one on one player in the draft. I think he has just as much potential as Ovechkin and Malkin, he just didn't show as much this year.

I wouldn't mind the least at getting Olesz.
The only thing that gives me the slightest pause on him is the concussion he got at the WJC. You never like to see a young player with a concussion already on his resume . . . but I'd certainly be willing to live with the risk.

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

?? - will be Ladd, Schremp, and Olesz, in one order or another. At least from everything I've read. I wonder if Sather could successfully trade up and get two picks in the top six? Four and Five are Columbus and Phoenix . . . wish I knew more about those organizations. I wonder what it would take to turn TOR's pick into No.4 or No.5 overall . . . probably a lot. But worth considering.

Olesz and Ladd would be terrific additions to the Rangers farm system, and give them three big forwards who can hit and score (and two of them even defend) at a top line level.

How sweet would a Ladd-Olesz-Jessiman line look in about four years? Big, fast, tough, defensively sound, and enough scoring talent to scare the beejeezus out of opposing goalies.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, cart before the horse. Two of the three will probably bust anyways, and getting both Olesz and Ladd would be an enormous coup that would probably cost Sather Lundmark and a pile of 2nd rounders in addition to TOR's 1st. But still . . . fun to think about.