Thread: slap shots
View Single Post
Old
02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
gocbj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA28Flyer View Post
When I read this, I almost choked. Former season ticket holders? How about current season ticket holders? Nobody from the front office has asked what I think. Well, here's what I think: I've just about run out of patience. Do what you want with the arena "experience," but pull out all the stops to bring us a winning CBJ team. Nothing else matters to me, and nothing else will keep me coming back. I've been paying my share since the beginning. It's long since time that this team made the investment needed to be a playoff contender -- not a perennial loser, and not even on the cusp of the playoffs. We can't keep hovering in the bottom sixth of payroll and hope that our draft picks will miraculously make us winners. Spend what needs to be spent, and spend it wisely. I think we finally have a GM with enough brains to get it right. Now give him what he needs to do the job right.

That, Mr. Priest, is what I -- a CURRENT, paying (and becoming more tenuous) season ticket holder -- think. Pay attention!

"spend what needs to be spent..."

AMEN!

With a budget $10M under the cap, we are forced to play with 80% ($40M of a $50M cap) of what everyone else has. We are playing WITHOUT two star ($5M each) players. It's JMac's fault more than anything.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote