Thread: Alexei Kovalev
View Single Post
Old
04-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Duster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I don't want to get carried away with his last 3 games. 3 really nice games. Made the trade worthwhile in one fell swoop. But that's just his career in a nutshell... a month AWOL, followed a few amazing games, repeated over and over. And the occasional brain cramp like in 2OT. Not the modus operandi of a "winner". All IMHO. A nice player to pay like a Zednik and flank Koivu on the top line. But not a franchise player to rely on and pay the big bucks to.
No offense, but I don't think anyone said he was a franchise player. Theodore is probably as close to a franchise player as you get on the current team. Kovalev, however, is an elite talent that is far superior to , let's say, Perreault, Dagenais or even Zednik in some respects.

Joe Thornton had several brain cramps in Game 5, Roenick and Tkachuk have them all the time, etc...Point is, it happens. Hockey is a game of mistakes.

I'm guessing you are a Rangers fan. Kovalev is aware that Montreal is far more intense than Pittsburgh or New York yet has stated a desire to stay. No shrinking violet...