View Single Post
Old
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Shelley#45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgojackets View Post
I was thinking about this as I was doing the dishes and was goin got start a new thread but this may be the appropriate place.

I don't think we make a move unless it is in our long term interest. Is a panic fire swale going to benefit us? No. We may get picks but our leaders are going to learn to to be out of the mix.

Would it not be better to hang on by a thread until the last monitue (even if we lose UFA's for nothing) to have Nash, Leclaire, Z, Fritsche, etc learn what it means to fight for every point, every night. I think that we are close. If we do not do it this year, we can do it next year.

I would make a trade if some was going to give us a 1st rounder or a #1 center or top pair Dman, IF the roster player has another year on their contract.

To me the idea of our young guys fighting for every point on every shift, every night will set us up better than a stockpile of draft picks.

Forget about the last 3, look out Capitals.
Great points. playoffs or not this year, we need to make a push, even if we finish 9th and 1 point out of the playoffs when its all said and done, i think that will serve us better next year then another top 10 draft pick

Shelley#45 is offline   Reply With Quote