View Single Post
Old
02-03-2008, 05:25 PM
ThirtyFive

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ThirtyFive
I’ve finally scored!
February 2, 2008

That’s it, I’ve got a goal. I finally broke through. That was in the game against Norfolk. Our defenseman Matt Kinch intercepted the puck, passed it to me, and I shot it to the near corner. Although I could’ve passed it to Denis Hamel, the two of us were in alone on the goalie.

It’s not only my game that improving, but the entire team’s. We’re winning games, we’ve got a playoff spot for now, and we will try to hold onto it. But my plus-minus is not the best. In that Norfolk game, even though I scored, my plus-minus ended up being -2. That’s because my goal was on the power play, and the goals against I was on for were even strength. I feel responsible on one of those. I could’ve helped out. On the other hand, my plus-minus is not the worst on the team.

In the last few games the most disappointing loss was to Hershey, when we lost 5-3. We led 3-0, scoring all the goals in the first period, but then relaxed, it seemed. It happens.

But we beat Toronto, a very good team. This game was moved to a neutral site for some reason. To be honest, I still don’t know why. We drove for three hours to the arena. Though “arena” is not quite the word. Something like the ice in Odintsovo.

By the way, I had a shoulder injury, but I’m in good shape now, nothing’s bothering me. During a game an opponent skated hard into me, so we went for a checkup. Thankfully, nothing serious was discovered. I was told I’d miss one or two games. But I felt fine after missing one game.

I’m not bored here. My girlfriend Natalya and I went to see I Am Legend and Cloverfield. Natasha translated some parts to me, but we didn’t bother the people around us. I understood a lot myself.

During the All-Star Weekend, when our Binghamton hosted the AHL All-Star Game, we were given three days off. Natalya and I went to New York City once again. Justin Mapletoft invited us to Miami, but we didn’t feel like going. It is a four-hour flight after all. A bit too long.

In New York we went around town again. Went to see The Phantom of the Opera musical on Broadway. They say it’s been playing there for a long time. I liked it. I was amazed that the set decorations are changed every ten minutes. And everything was like at the movies.

I’ve played 40 games for Binghamton. There remain 30-something games until the end of the regular season. Half a season. I don’t regret anything. I’ve adapted to the league. I understand the local hockey. Of course, I want to play in the NHL, but I think I’ve made the right decision by staying in the AHL for the adaptation.

Last edited by ThirtyFive: 02-04-2008 at 09:04 AM.
ThirtyFive is offline   Reply With Quote