View Single Post
Old
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I love the way he plays. He brings alot to this team, no way would I ever consider moving him back down. However, sometimes I see him a couple of meters away from the goal, left completely alone with the goaltender, yet instead of taking one of his good shots he looks around and attempts a high risk pass which doesnt get through. I guess with time it might change, but even today I remember him alone with the goalie yet he looked for a pass. He should use his shot more, maybe give his brother a run for his money this year.
In a way it is not surprising. The Habs are playing a style of play that he was used to in Junior. His first year he played a lot with Schremp and Bolland. The 2nd year he played a lot on the PP with Kane and Gagner.

Those teams passed an awful lot. They drove the SHOOOOOOTit people nuts. But it works when you are playing with skilled players.

On the other hand, Billy often played PP at the point and collapsed down in the high slot to fire off one of the top shelf wristers. It is a deadly accurate shot. If you watched him in the warm ups Sunday he was practicing one timers with his brother feeding him the puck.Very accurate high shots. He can shoot great and I wish he did it more.

I wish he was back playing with Lats and Laps. He defers too much to Higgins and Koivu

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote