View Single Post
Old
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Bernier26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
After friday's Horrible game (well the first 2 periods). Les Aigles dominated Dal 9-2. Dal seemed to really be outclassed out there, not that the aigles where super, but it looked like boys playing amongst men. Maybe the 7 minute Moncton powerplay made it seem worst than it actually was.

Is it just me or has this board become pretty silent these days?? Is it that we aren't feeling les aigles?? I know that this year I am alot less into the games, last year really set the bar high as to what to expect from a University hockey team. I can't blame the team because they can't live up to last year's team, we did lose big pieces.
Friday night's game was one of the worst effort I've seen from an Aigles Bleus team in years. The wingers didn't want the puck and didn't move their feet. The defence had very little options. Lafrance was average but he could (should IMO) have won the game by himself. Robillard, Mandeville, Doucet and Trudel all played lazy. McLean was our MVP IMO, played really physical and pretty much caused our first goal.

Saturday was average. No real suprise about the score. Players where skating harder (hopefully not because it was a blowout) and we finaly got secondary scoring.

Billy Bezeau had a hairline fracture in his hand/wrist/arm last year and found out that it didn't heal properly. He has a soft cast and should return in 4 to 6 weeks. Not a huge loss but some dept is gone.

I still believe that UdeM has a shot at the University cup. Let's make a list of key factors:

-Laplante plays like he did last year on the top line. He is showing improvements but we need him to be that physical 3rd line center that can crash the net and chip in offense.
-Robillard needs to start skating and be the goal scoring powerforward from the first half who scored at a goal per game pace.
-The Mandeville/Trudel duo need to step up completely and play like the best offensive pairing in Canada (a clear possibility)
-Doucet needs to be more consistant
-McLean needs to be more disciplined after the whistle
-Bergeron needs to stop handling the puck like a grenade
-The fourth line should actually bring something to the game (7th defensman, enforcer, energy, crashing the net...)

Feel free to add some to this list

What lines would you guys want for the Nationals? Mine:
Laprise-Bureau-Bétournay
Robillard-Doucet-Girard
Strozynski-Laplante-Robichaud
Bergeron-Sonier-Berubé

Brideau-Melanson
Mandeville-Trudel
McLean-Gilbert

Lafrance
Lachance

Anyone else think that Melanson is an absolute beast this year? Him and Brideau should be our top pairing that can do it all.

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote