04-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk
Parise is probably one of the most overrated prospects in the last 25 years. For starters he didn't even show up in the WJC final game.

Gointa and Gomez are not part of one of the NHL's top lines you Devil clown. A top line would dominate in the playoffs. That line has basically done nothing when the games vs. Philly counted. In the first 2 games they scored a goal in each basically when the Flyers fell asleep and lost focus with 3-0 and 2-0 leads. Gionta and Gomez are almost always non factors in physical games. They are afraid or they just get run over. Elias has been carrying both those shrimps all year.

Jessiman is exactly they type of player that the Devils without Stevens and 90% of the other team probably couldn't handle if he gets up to about 230lbs and polishes his skills. Power forwards like Jessiman are rare. Players like Parise are a dime a dozen. Ryder on Montreal will probably have a much better career and he was a very late draft pick
Bro, I aint a clown. I know what I'm talking about, and before you say he's overrated you should go check what all the top analysts have to say about him - really good things. Parise is not just a skill player, he's also got the heart of a Gionta type player. He's a winner. His defensive skills are also very highly prized. Parise is anything but a dime-a-dozen player.

The EGG line is one of the top lines in the NHL. In case you didn't know, they have 6 goals and 8 or 9 assists in the playoffs thus far. They HAVE shown up. Gionta? Afraid of getting hit? What are you watching? Gionta is always in the middle of the hitting - he plants himself right in front of the net on every play. Gomez is a finesse player, but he keeps his head up and can avoid hits. Elias hasn't carried them - it's a team effort.