View Single Post
Old
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
ÖHK lost!
According to Lasse Wirstöm at NA the loss was a product of ÖHK folding completely after they scored the first goal. For whatever reason, Tingsryd was allowed to step up and become the agressor. Nissinen played great but let one unfortunate puck behind him. He stod up in the media after the game and took the blame for it... after he completely saved ÖHK's @ss. Wierd, a team scores 1 goal and the only person stepping up is the goalie?!? Hello?!

Lasse also raised a concern about Peltola's speed, but called Niskanen a "Class Player" needing to get someone better than Andreas Sjöberg next to him.

The first line with Löwdahl, Almqvist and Torstensson was said to have made one great shift and been a non-factor for the rest of the game.. not what you want or need from your first line.

I'm pondering the play-off situation right now though... Given the late additions to the roster for ÖHK, I'm wondering if 3rd may not be a better situation than 2nd or 1st for ÖHK. I know it sounds crazy, but being third, you end up playing a series against the winners of one of the div 1 teams before heading into the last play-off round before the 6-team promotion/relegation league that will pick the top 2 to go to Allsvenskan and the rest are sunk back into the swamp.

In ÖHK's case, there is no doubt that they have the talent and quality players to compete and beat anybody on this level, but they may need a little time to come together. A few extra games against "lesser" opposition can't be a bad thing, can it?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote