View Single Post
Old
02-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
The thought crossed my mind that Pascal's injury could be a stroke of luck in an unfortunate kind of way:

1. The Cover: Many of us didn't expect the team to get into the playoffs, and now ALL OF US have a legitimate excuse to "wait until next year."

2. The Timing: Coming as it does before the trade deadline, it gives Howson time to get something for a few players, AND more time to examine the summer market without the distractions of contending or playing in the playoffs.

3. The Silver Lining: We get to see Mason, and some younger guys get more playing time ...which should help Hitch and Howson examine this team more closely. Personally, I'd love to see Boll play more.

4. The UnLikely Hope: Perhaps this team responds and DOES recover from this setback. It would be great to see Freddie pull his game back together. And maybe this team will play better without the HIGH expectations.
Hard to see Pascal's injury as "good luck," but in a "make the best of what you're handed" sort of way, I see where you're coming from.