SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
How far we've come: A look back at an early season thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=449699&page=2

These posts were made in late November, early December:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Please ... please ... PLEASE offer me a bet on Nashville finishing 2nd in the Central, and give me double-or-nothing on Nashville finishing ahead of St. Louis this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
Nashville with its 2.88 Team GAA would be hard-pressed to keep up this pace and make the playoffs. Chicago has a much better offense and has kept its Team GAA at a manageable level. The Blues have a weak offense but balance it with strong defense and outstanding goaltending and PK. But we'll find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus the destroyer View Post
i dont see nashville playing that well i'll even put columbous ahead of nashville but it's just an opinion 2nd place is between st. louis and chicago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
I think this is the key here. Last season the Predators gave up a ton of shots against, in fact most games they were outshot. Their goaltending bailed them out. This season, they probably have the weakest goaltending in the Central. Factor in all of the losses up front and that Chicago & St. Louis have improved their rosters, and it's going to be very difficult for them to stay #2 behind the Wings. I just don't see how it could happen.

As a Wings fan, the Central has definitely become more than just the Wings. Our divisional record alone is proof of that. However, I think it's still nothing more than a race for #2. While they are improved, I still don't think any of the other teams will threaten the Wings for the division title. Chicago looks like they might in a couple of seasons though.
And in response to a poster saying the Preds will finish second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
Awesome. While you're at it, can you please give me the winning numbers for this week's lottery jackpot?

Christ on a stick...
Now, we are hardly comfortable in 2nd in the division, but it's amazing just how much love we didn't get early in the season. With the media constantly attacking the Preds early season (and with the Preds ranked #22 in ESPNs power rankings as of last week, still being disrespected) and the early season slide, fans started piling on.

Since we bottomed out on the 23rd of October, we are 26-15-5 with 57 points. Columbus has the second best record at 21-20-7 with 49 points. St. Louis is third at 19-19-7 for 45 points, and Chicago is last at 18-20-5 with 41 points.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote