View Single Post
Old
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
errey21

vCash: 500
Im with Jcktfan on this one. The whole season has been up and down and the last week has been disappointing to say the least but......

I was never expecting playoffs this year. This summer we had a new GM (I understood needing to get his bearings), it was Hitchs first full year (I understood needing a training camp and a full year to get a system/culture in place). Then we dont really sign any free agents this summer (Hejda and Novotny have been pleasant suprises, and Peca was a late throw in because of the circumstances with Svitov)but we essentially stood pat this summer with a team that finished 25 or so points out of the playoffs last year (which again, I understood due to the above).

It all screamed to me that we were hoping some of the kids would grow and step up and hoping Hitch could get blood out of a turnip and maybe, just maybe we would catch lighting in a bottle and make a run this year. But when you are as bad as we have been for seven years, and you sign Hejda, Novotny, and a season ending injury removed Peca (with no offense to any of them) in the summer, you are essentially telling me we are a year away. Which again, I understood and accepted.

Now, with all that said, as a fan (and season ticket holder since year one) next year is it for me. No more excuses. No more growing, no more maturing, no more "we need to learn how to win", no more Fedorov/Foote eat the whole budget, no more anything. This team needs to make the playoffs.

So for me that means take the last 25 games and play who you have to play to see who fits (kids), sign who you've got to sign of our UFA's that you want back, trade who you've got to trade of our UFA's/Vets who wont be back to get assets for the future, and this summer pick up whatever free-agents you have to pick up to fill the holes.

No more excuses. Just do it.

errey21 is offline   Reply With Quote