View Single Post
Old
02-06-2008, 10:37 AM
stick9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveROR View Post
Went to the other hockey shop tonight, from the stock they had, a 8.5 D NB Supreme 50 fit best, but I think it was a little too big. They are going to order a 8.0 D so I can try that out. Would it be worth considering the Supreme 70 considering my HT/WT? (5'11" / 205-210lbs)

If so I'll try to get him to order the Supreme 70 in 8.0D as well.

The vapor series fit OK in a 8.5, but seemed to have a bit too much arch pressure. They didn't have any Graf's in my size.

I also tried on some CCM Vector 10's (all they had in an 8) and it fit good except for the instep/arch, and felt like a little too loose in the heel? Tried a few eastons as well, didn't seem to fit too well, one was close, but then the next size higher was less comfortable, but a different model. :shrug: Didn't try any RBKs, not interested in the pump, I would imagine they'd break like the shoes did..

Thanks,
-Dave
If the Supremes fit, buy em. The 50 would be a decent skate for you. The 70's are a better skate, but also more $$$. If you can afford the jump in price, it would be worth considering.

Each model of Graf's have their own unique fit. A 703 might not fit but a 705 will. I skated in Grafs for 5+ years. While they are a great skate. They aren't something I would recommend to a novice or inexperienced skater. They have built in forward lean that can be hard to used to.

If the Vectors felt loose the RBK's probably won't fit.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote