View Single Post
Old
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Mogilny89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I completely agreed a month ago, when Mason was recalled the first time. There have been a ton of freak incidences that left Columbus short on goalies. But that was a month ago, and unless management was in la-la land where NHL goalies don't get injured, there was plenty of time to make arrangements in the event Norrena or Leclaire went down.

If Mason was an okay or even a better than average OHL goalie, I don't believe there's any way in hell he gets called up. Other avenues would have been explored.
Agreed, but Mason is a solid goalie with a bright future -thus, he's the best option for the CBJ at this juncture. I don't think any more thought really needs to be put into it. This is reality, we caught the injury bug with our goaltenders and this is pretty much our only (and best) option.

Sidebar, Lindstrom is up because he's earned it. I will be disappointed if he's sent back down, but I fully expect him to be with the club full-time next season. My guess is they make some room on the roster for him by season's end.

Mogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote