View Single Post
Old
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
donniedarko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I don't see any chance of Feds being re-signed. Peca maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an off-season deal that would bring Stoll over from Edmonton, making Peca redundant. Vyborny is all but gone. Fritsche probably gets re-signed on the cheap--he brings a good energy to the team and has made goals at critical moments this season.

We probably keep Foote if he can be re-signed for a reasonable number--can't get rid of all of your veterans.

Hainsey and Hejda are the real wild cards to me. As solid as Hejda is on the defensive side, the team needs a puck-moving defenseman somewhere in the top 4. Its possible we don't re-sign Hejda, instead hoping to upgrade and get a two-way defenseman, but I'm not sure who fits that bill in the upcoming UFA class. By the same token, Hainsey has provided some offense on power play (sporadically), but hasn't provided much at even strength. He's going to be due for a pretty substantial raise. Perhaps the team decides to upgrade from outside rather than paying him more.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Hopefully the team budget is a bit higher next season in addition to any savings from the departure of UFA's.
Redden??

donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote