View Single Post
Old
04-18-2004, 01:55 AM
WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Well - that certainly sucked. 2-0 Detroit final.

But what an awesome season for the Preds, taking Detroit to 6 games was only more icing on the cake. I can't wait for next year, and next year's playoffs - Erat, Hartnell, Hall, Hamhuis (who have all been amazing in this series) with a year of playoff experience. This team can ONLY go up. Upshall, Shishkanov coming up next year hopefully - the sky is the limit.

Here's hoping the offseason is a productive one, with the signing of Sullivan to an extension and a good draft. Hopefully Zidlicky can get his injury (I think we pretty much unanimously figured out it was a concussion) healed up and come back next year for an even better sophomore campaign. I can't wait to see Tootoo's sophomore campaign as well, he looked real impressive in the playoffs and is only going to get better. He'll be the Pred's Draper/Maltby, only more physical.

While the game hardly turned out the way I wanted it to, I loved to hear about how the Preds had coins made up saying "No excuses" - I loved to look at how "No excuses" was painted in the locker room and hearing that they had a couple of those coins frozen in the ice. GEC was amazing in the playoffs, and I feel even more confident of the team's future in Nashville .. Winnipeg blows.

What an amazing series, what an amazing year .. Let's go Preds!!