View Single Post
Old
02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

vCash: 500
I agree to an extent on the tryouts. I coach my dauhgter's team and have a good idea which kids will be ready to move up to the A level next year. I appreciate a second and third opinion, but I'd rather base it on someone who has seen every game and every practice. My daughter will still be a B player next year so there is no bias there. We're not ultra competitive, so I certainly don't have any parents bribing me to get their player to a certain level.

Besides making sure the kids have fun, the biggest asset you can have is being organized. There is nothing worse than paying alot of dough for a program and then having practice times moved repeatedly or games double-booked (both of which have happened with my team this year). It is extremely frustrating for the parents and for the kids if they have carved out a time in their schedule to get to practice, and then have the practice time and place moved. Or to get to a rink for a game and find out that two other teams are also there for a game at the same time.

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote