Your thoughts on this system
View Single Post
02-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by
I think you should get 2 points for a win and zero points for a loss (OT/SO included).
Talk about some intense overtimes.
I also think the shootout should be eliminated and overtime should be a 20:00 sudden death period (like in the playoffs), but still at 4-on-4.
Under this plan, points would become unnecessary, since the single point would be eliminated. You could move to a "games back" system like baseball.
Personally, I hope this happens...
1. As is being discussed quietly, the NHL will expand to 32 teams in the 2010-2011 season with cities being awarded this summer (Can you say KC and Vegas).
2. League moves to two confereneces each with four divisions of four teams.
3. Points are eliminated and the league goes to a win/loss system. Ties are broken in OT and shootouts (I no longer like shootouts, but they are here forever)
4. Top two teams in each division play in the first round of the playoffs. This makes divisional play more important and eliminates this insane idea of chasing the eighth seed. You only need to chase the team in front of you.
5. Division winners playoff based on best record---etc Conference winners--SCF.
As this thread started off-- I think teams are playing for OT and settling for the point. It's making OT more of a joke and shootouts more important.
Last edited by cbjrocks: 02-08-2008 at
. Reason: spelling
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by cbjrocks