View Single Post
Old
04-18-2004, 11:43 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I honestly didn't want to see Komo in the playoffs cause I'd hate to see what would happen if he caused a turnover and it ended up losing the game or the series. (like the missed clearing attempt against the leafs a few months back that gave them their first of many goals)

But he's been solid, although still shows some rough edges to his game. Other then the bad positioning he had on the Murray goal 2 games ago and some trouble clearing the puck, he's been very good. And the physical game he brings is great to see. I had thought that next year it would be good to rotate Komo in and out of the lineup, but now I say give him the job full time, and a regular on the PK.
I felt much the same way, because at times during the season he did have his fair share of turnovers whenever he was pressured... but in these past two games he seems composed and he is laying the smackdown on some of the B's... Question though, will Komi blossom on the offensive side of his game? Next year? Maybe in a couple? Ala Pronger??? Or is this wishful thinking on my part???