View Single Post
Old
04-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
I think Sejna will be in StL next season. I haven't heard anything about the other guys, but my focus lately has been on the Peoria/Chicago "situation" so I'm a little behind in my reading.

Divis is a UFA so he may be out anyway.
What "situation" are you referring to, 210? Inquiring minds want to know...

Shkotov is 20, and so is Tomas Troliga, so both are eligible for AHL duty next year. Both would be overage players in the CHL, so it's likely the Blues might want to get them into the pro ranks sooner rather than later.

Also, the Blues will need to sign Justin Maiser this off-season, or lose him to the Van Ryn Rule. Maiser jumped to the junior ranks after two years at Boston University, so as of this year he's a junior player unsigned by the team that drafted him two years after the draft. That's how the Blues got Van Ryn as a free agent, and they risk losing Maiser in the same way if they don't sign him.

Personally, I think signing Maiser would be a fine idea. In fact, I think playing all three of those kids -- Maiser, Troliga and Shkotov -- on a line would be a dynamite idea. It gives Worcester a solid "Kid Line," one that's an offensive threat, and Maiser and Troliga both have the size and attitude to keep the opposition from taking too many liberties with the small, speedy and talented Shkotov.

There was an article in the "Game Night Revue" about this very subject during Game Three of the Blues-Sharks playoff series, for those of you locals who know about the GNR...

PrussianBlue