View Single Post
Old
04-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
What do you think?

Now i know that we have played well in every game except the first one, but the Bruins have just scored 3 goals/1.5 goals per game in the last 2 games in our quest for a come back. They scored 11 goals/2.75 goals per game in the 4 games before. Thats a 1.25 difference. I think Komo has installed some fear in our back end. Maybe the Bruin forwards are more tentative now knowing that there is a BIG gorilla back there, especially after that hit on Thornton. Im sure Theo has had a lot to do with this as well, but i cant help to think Komo may be the bigger reason. Perhaps even Theo feels more comfortable having a monster like Komo clearing the crease, and that may be the direct result of his recent success.

Ill be the first to admit i was completely WRONG. I felt that Quintal would be a beast in the playoffs, and that it would be better off having him in the line up than Komo due to his experience.

If youd like, take a few shots at me, i should never have thought in such as foolish way.

So what do you think!
Since it's a team sport I don't think Komisarek has singlehandedly turned things around BUT he has added in a positive way to a number of positives already in place. I do believe that his hit on Thornton in game 6 affected the tone of that game. He's got a bright future.