Thread: Jagr
View Single Post
Old
02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
HenriksBetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaglinefan View Post
I see it this way- JJ is doing what he can. He is getting mugged on a nightly basis and we don't seem to have the drive to push back (ex. Holly's hit last weekend was necessary). His production will decline with his age, he is capable of putting up 65 or so points in this league unless something drastic happens. I don't think it is sad, I think it is who he is. Slats should handle him carefully, either utilize him with some support (mean winger) or deal him where he wants. Either way huge thanks to him, he led us back from really nowhere, jmho.
Very well said gag. Yes we should be thankful that he helped turn this ship in the right direction, but i think he has done all he really can here. Like you said, as he ages he will become less productive and that is not what the Rangers need from a top line winger. Sather should deal him at the deadline to a serious cup contender to give him a shot at winning one last Cup. And Sather should be looking to get a upper tier defenseman in return for him.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote