View Single Post
Old
04-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Laperriere22*

vCash: 500
I'd be OK with dumping the three big offensive guys personally. None of Tkachuk, Weight, or Demitra earned their large salaries this year and Demitra and Tkachuk haven't been effective in the playoffs in a long time. Weight has that going for him, but at the coin he's making, I expect more from Weight too. Time to take some asswhoopings for the health of this franchise. Dump the high-priced "elite" guys that haven't led this team anywhere in the playoffs and spread out that cash for cheaper guys (and more of them). Keep Pronger because he's still pretty effective and #1 defensemen do not grow on trees. This team has grown stale with the veterans it has and it's time to bring in some younger blood. And that younger blood should not come from within the franchise because there's next to no one ready to step up and handle that kind of pressure as of now. It's going to be one hell of a free-for-all once the CBA gets hammered out; so, there will be plenty of options out there for the Blues to look at. Most of the players in the league aren't signed past this year; so, I don't think it's too ridiculous to want Pleau to start making some shrewd deals (I'm talking about contracts more than trades). He spent a lot of the franchise's budget on a handful of players and it just didn't work. Pronger needs to take a pay cut too because he got paid stupid money before he should have (that ain't Pronger's fault either, Larry Pleau). Tkachuk's contract has seriously hindered this franchise and that was a fact well before I got tired of his "timely" disappearing acts in the playoffs. Like I said earlier, he's a perfect fit for the Rangers, especially now that the Rangers dumped a lot of their stars. They have money to spend and holes to fill; they can have him. There are just a lot of changes that need to be made and cash has to be freed up to do it.