View Single Post
Old
02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
baberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
I look at the teams above them, how many games in hand they have on the CBJ and assume they are wins for that team. I also never assume a win for the CBJ.
The thing is, that's not what's been happening (and the reason we're still in the hunt). After our 2 loss skid following the All-Star break we were 5-6 points out of it and every team ahead of us had 4+ games in hand on us. That's when all of the doomsayers (including myself) came out because we figured they would win half of those games in hand and rocket ahead of us, never to be caught. That didn't happen. A string of losses hit the teams ahead of us and the standings stagnated, while their games-in-hand lead evaporated.

We still need a good run, a 5-for-6 winning streak or a 7-8 game point streak. We have to beat the teams we're supposed to beat (Hawks, Kings, Blues) and we have to steal some from the teams we're supposed to lose to (Wings, Avs, Preds). But we're still in the hunt. We're one injury to Zherdev/Nash away from being out of the hunt, and we're one bad road trip away from being out of the hunt, but we're still in it.

I'm not ready to give up on the Jackets yet (despite the fact that I did give up on them last week )

baberg is offline   Reply With Quote