View Single Post
Old
02-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Levizk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
I wouldn't mind Jagr re-signing and taking a significant pay cut to like under 3mil, and being demoted from the top line, so we can sign Marian Hossa. If we fall short of a serious playoff run this year, and Jagr really wants to stay here, he will take the demotion and continue to try and contribute. If he doesn't hit any of his triggers and is a UFA, I see him pulling a Selanne/Niedermayer... maybe he signs a contract in Russia with an out clause and comes over for the second half of the season at a discount.. but I don't see him signing a 7+ mil contract with any team on July 1, and that includes the Rangers.
Jagr would never take a discount so I wouldn't hold out my hopes for that to happen. He'll go to the highest bidder, and if that bidder is a Russian team he'll just leave the NHL altogether. The Rangers need to find a situation like Atlanta had last year where a GM is trying to save their job with a playoff run and trade him there. Unfortunately for the Rangers though I'm not sure such an opportunity will exist this year. Looking at what Jagr has been traded for in the past, don't be surprised if the package that comes back is far less than what would be expected.

Levizk is offline   Reply With Quote