Old
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
I mean face it. At this point on we're picking between players with the odds very against them to become productive NHL players(see Jessiman, Potter) or a bunch of crap-shoots (everyone else). Nobody can say for sure that Hagelin is better than Kveton or Zaborsky is better than Campbell the same way we can discuss Montoya vs. Staal.

I went with Zaborsky simply because of the 2nd line potential.

Add Skokan
I went with Kveton because I think he has 1st line potential. He's total boom or bust, but his upside is second only to Cherepanov's in regards to our forwards, IMHO. Doing pretty well in the Czech league at the moment as well.

Zaborsky might be considered to be a tad safer, but his upside is really only that of a bottom rung 2nd line player. I've seen quite a bit of him and I do like him as a prospect, but I don't think he will make nearly the impact as Kveton if they both crack the NHL.