View Single Post
Old
02-11-2008, 08:37 PM
DevsFan84

vCash: 500
I'm sure someone who knows more than me can chime in and shed a little more light, but from what I remember (and this could be completely wrong) too much soy in someones diet could cause some hormonal problems, and possibly increased cancer risks. If your girlfriend is already eating soy as a protein source as a vegetarian, it might be too much. Again, this is stuff I remember hearing quite a while ago and could be wrong.

If it was me, and I was a vegetarian, I'd try something else but I know nothing about hemp protein. I'd try eating more nuts, seeds, whole grains, etc to get more protein, or see if I could find some trustworthy research on hemp protein with vegetarians.

As for the taste, well...I've found the chocolate shakes generally taste better- to me, at least. If its really bad, try adding banana to it- something about banana seems to kill that weird taste those shakes have. If you don't want to deal with the extra calories, consider using less water and choking down the shake...which will now be the consistency of pudding..as fast as possible.

DevsFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote