View Single Post
Old
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Cheaper than what I want to do? What do I want to do?

I'd rather give a "marginal" player top six minutes than rush a kid to the NHL who might not be ready. Christian Dube anyone?

Do I bring Avery back? For the right price on a one-year deal, no question. Do I bring Rozsival back? Probably not. He will get more elsewhere they can't afford to get into a bidding war.

As far as not learning from the 8 year playoff draught, I'm not the one looking to sign the big UFA to save this team.

Personally, I'm not ready to give up on this season.

You seem to know what Cherepanov is going to be next year. Care to let me in on what tomorrow's lotto numbers are?
Why discredit young players by comparing them to the ones that didn't pan out.

How about Staal? Dubinsky? Lundqvist?

Amonte? Kovalev? Leetch? Zubov? Marchant? Savard?

Just because a few highly regarded prospects didn't pan out, doesn't mean Cherepanov won't.

If this kid were in any other organization people would be drooling over him.

You know how he will be a bust? If they demote him to Hartford (and going from the RSL to Hartford is a demotion) or give him crappy ice time on the third line and expect him to be a grinding checker.

He will develop properly with top 6 minutes with top 6 players (this does NOT include Avery) and be used for what he is, an offensive threat.

I half wish he would be traded to Washington so he can play with Ovechkin and flourish...because i KNOW the Rangers will mishandle him and expect him to be what he isn't. They will try to get him to be a checking line guy.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote