View Single Post
Old
04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
Eriks

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Now Worrell, that guy is a TERRIBLE skater...why is he employed in the NHL again?
:bonk: THAT would be why Worrell is in the NHL... of course there are better fighters and grinders out there, but hey, thats how it goes.

As to my two cents worth on moves:

I think Zholtok & York are definately gone.

As to who can step up from Milwaukee:

Prospect wise, the Preds have a mittful, but most of them are either underachieving (see Andersson, Jonas) or young (see Shiskanov, Timofei) and could use another season or two of AHL action.

Upshall, when healthy is NHL caliber. But he showed a remarkably fragile side this season. The first injury was so so, he rushed to get back, reinjured it, and then got frightened when he was afraid of reinjuring it again. A solid player with soft hands and a mean streak, Scottie is the real deal, except that I'm worried about his reaction to the injury. We'll see how he plays in the Calder Cup playoffs.

Haydar showed this season that he can be more than a one dimensional scorer, and I'd be surprised if he didn't get at least a long look in the NHL Camp next season. He had an "off" year this season, but still managed to get over twenty goals and finish near the top of the team.

Barring a horrid camp, I'd suspect Hutch is the next Hamhuis, in that he will play all year in Nashville. Hutch has it all for a defenseman, and the taste he got this season will make him hungry.

Shishkanov is a talent. The kid is like Haydar, but with rockets in his fanny. The kid can flat out fly when he has the chance. And like Haydar, he's always in the right place at the right time. But like Haydar, he needs to work on his defense a bit more to play for Barry.

Brandon Segal continues to impress me. The kid has the hands of a second line scorer, the grit of checking line winger, and the determination of a seasoned veteran playing out his last season. He needs to fine tune his tools, I think he needs another season, but in a couple of years, he could replace Hartnell in the minds and hearts of a lot of Nashvillian females and hockey fans alike.