View Single Post
Old
02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That penalty was incidential contact and totally screwed up by the referee. The referee that made the call did NOT see the actual contact and therefore the reason for the contact, instead he saw the aftermath of the two players tangled up and made his call based on that. At the time of the contact, the referee had his body turned to center ice as he was transitioning with a big loop towards center ice to skate backwards as the play started to come towards him on the turnover. Arnott too made a quick turn as did the defenseman (Lilja) and they collided because they crossed paths and never saw each other until the last minute.

The same thing happened later in the game when I think it was Mikael Samuelsson or Kris Draper getting killed by DeVries or Bonk at the blueline on a regroup and there was no call because it was simply the result of incidental contact and neither player saw one another.

The call on Arnott was a bad call by the official, but we all know there will be at least a couple of those per game and we need to kill off the PP's we give up.
I couldn't agree more.

I will also say - best game of the year for Mason.

Last edited by Enoch: 02-13-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote