View Single Post
Old
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
does anyone here have any experience with Alaskan Malamutes? I have wanted one for a few years, after watching Westminster and doing some research online about them. i think they are beautiful and i love their goofy personalities. but I'd really love to hear from anyone who may have some first hand experience. thanks - hg
I saw that dog on Westminster. My husband turned to me and said, "I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful Alaskan Malamute!" Gorgeous dog. I don't have any personal experience with them, but I understand they are very loyal to their pack leader (which would be you, if you got one). I also have read that they aren't the best dog for small kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm sorry he got hurt, but I love the fact that he went back out and skated before he got his stitches. He's certainly a little hockey player, cracked me up that he was proud of his stitches.
You know what that little stinker did last night? He pulled them out. I could have strangled him. He said he didn't need them anymore, so he just picked them out. So now he has some butterfly bandaids until I deem him healed enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Wow! I thought Puck was growing fast (29lbs at 13 weeks). He's gonna be huge! My girlfriend said when he is full grown he's getting his own Panther jersey. lol

Good job keeping his growth at a slow/steady pace. I'm sure you already knew that having previously owned a GD.
You should get him a personalized jersey with his name on the back. LOL Be sure to post a picture of it if you get one for him. I'm not getting Domi his own jersey until he's full grown.

Definitely keeping his growth rate at a slow, steady pace. I recently joined a board of mastiff owners, and they have given me invaluable advice on what to feed him. He's currently on Eagle Pack for Giant Breed Puppies, but we'll be switching him to the adult brand in a month or two.

I like to walk him every day for about 45 minutes, but with this rain he missed his walk last night. What a difference. He's bouncing off the walls with energy. Maybe it's time to invest in a tread mill. LOL