View Single Post
Old
04-20-2004, 03:59 AM
dirt

vCash: 500
GOALTENDING-What has Osgood done to warrant staying? 4-8 playoff record and less than .900 save%. The last two starting goalies that have been run out of town at least were able to win a playoff series. Give Divis and/or Sanford a real shot.

DEFENSE-Pronger/Backman/Jackman/Salvador is a good top four to me. Walker and Pollock would concern me some as 5/6. Both of them have both seemed to have trouble with the speed of the game. So...

Keep one of Baron/Weinrich/Finley. None were that impressive this year but if you look at my top six that isn't an overly experienced group.

Alexander Khavanov-Don't go away mad. Just go away. I will pay for your plane ticket out of town.

Al MacInnis-If you don't come back, thanks for the memories.

FORWARDS-I was giving this some thought and I came up with the least likely forward to leave...Mark Rycroft. Fat contracts will keep Tkachuk and Weight here. Demitra should stay, he is the most talented player here. Cajanek and Sillinger should return. Drake if he wants to.

Let guys like Johnson, Boguniecki, Mayers, Low, and Martins fight it out and EARN a roster spot over some youngsters. If someone like Rheaume is around then we know we have a serious problem with player development. Sorry Danton, guilty or innocent, there is no place for this type of distraction. Savage was a waste of time.

Mellanby said he will probably retire.