View Single Post
Old
04-20-2004, 10:04 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Yes, thats right. This trade was huge. Without this guy, we wouldnt have gotten thorugh this series.

Game 3- If it were not for Kovalev, we would not have won game 3, where he scored two goals.

Game 5- His second goal completely shifted the momentum. We were able to take over the game for the most part with that momentum. Remember this was the game after he had made that little bobo, but he came back strong and hungry to make up for his mistakes. A true competetor in my mind.

Game7- Kovalev drove around the net, and got the puck to the front of the net with his size, speed, and strength, and Zednik poped it in. Again Kovalev did most of the work here. Also at the end, he used his strength and got the puck out of our zone, and eventually got the puck to zednik for his second, and series icer.

One thing that i really liked last night from this guy is that he showed he is not a selfish player like some people suggested here. Kovalev could very easily have put that puck in the empty neter him self, but elected to pass. Thats a team player guys, believe it or not. Hes here to win as a team and is a determined competetor.

Another surprising aspect of his game in my mind, has been his defensive play. Last night at the end was a good example, but he was solid defensively all series long. He back checked well, and often tied up his man effectively.

Give the man credit, he came into a series with a terrible season under his belt, made a mistake in game 4, and still came back and played hard and was one of the main reasons we won the series. He helped us win 3 out of 4 games to take the series.

By the way, now that we have gotten through this series, Kovalev will sign this summer.

Also special thanks to.......

Darz- Incredible sacrifice. Nuff said.

417- The vision.

VAN-HAB- for changing his avator to Habs suck and jinxing the Bruins.

For those who care i went to sleep with one of these last night... and woke up with a... this morning.

Go HABS Go
And for Game 4, we would not even have goteein into overtime if it hadnt been for his goal!
Way to go ZKK!!!
Go Habs!!