View Single Post
Old
04-20-2004, 02:57 PM

vCash: 500
About Joe Thornton's performance...

I understand he had a torn rib cartilage injury, and i've bruised my ribs, I can't imagine the kind of pain he was in, however, I hope people don't try to take away from the Habs because of this...

Thornton decided to play, he's supposed to be a the Bruins best player and arguably the best player in the world, and i'm by no way trying to say he's not, but he disappeared in this series, he didn't even manage 1 measly point and had 1 assist in 13 games vs. the Habs this year, he makes me think of Lindros, he dosen't mind dishing the pain, but he has trouble taking it...

2 years ago our captain, Saku Koivu, came back from stomach cancer and chemo-therapy treatments to lead our team in scoring and past the Bruins, so, I don't have any sympathy for Joe's ribs, suck it up and show up for you team when they need you...if you can't take it, then you shouldn't be on the ice...if he was in that much pain, and if he was a true leader, he would of told the coach that he's in too much pain and he's hurting his team...I know it's hard to tell a player like Joe Thornton not to play, but at least he should of played on the 4th line + PP time

anyways....no more talk about the Bruins for me, we've moved on to bigger and better things

Go HABS GO!