View Single Post
Old
04-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Lafontaine

vCash: 500
Ok LINE #2, it's time...

I know we are all expecting the Kovalev-Koivu-Zednik line to carry our offence like last series, where we made a slow-as-non-steroid-Ben-Johnson Boston defence look like oversized peewee players, but I'm predicting that our super-trio won't be able to shine quite as brightly against quicker, more talented defenders. On the flip side however, our weaker and slower second unit (Ribs and either Perreualt or Dagenias) who even Boston was able to keep mostly under raps, won't be muscled around quite as badly. I forsee Ribeiro really being able to pick apart TB at the back as he'll find it easier to break free from his checkers.

Even though we outplayed the Bruins badly and should have won the series in 5 games, it was Theo, our #1 line and a few good defensive plays that drove out big comeback and got us into round 2. We need a more well rounded effort against the bolts if we want to see semi-final action. I can't complain about our top checking line (Bulis-Dowd-Begin), but Ribs, Ryder, Dagenais, and also SOURAY are really going to have to step up to compliment the Special K line, Theo, Perreault, Juneau, Langdon and the rest of the squad.

GO HABS GO!