View Single Post
Old
02-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Personally, I can see the roster move occuring either way. Klein is due to return from his conditioning stint tomorrow, Koistinen hasn't played in a long time, Ville is still battling the aftermath of the flu and needs some conditioning work...if he agrees not to bolt to Europe, sending Ville down might work out best. Peverley has actually been decent the past few games, but is still not ready to assume a full-time role in the NHL. Rich's decision-making is a step slow at times and he still needs to add some more size to compete effectively along the boards at the NHL level. However, with Dumont out today with the flu and Tootoo just getting back into the lineup, it might be a good time to keep Rich up until Dumont is ready to return next week...

A tough choice for sure. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Koistinen sent down, but never leave the team today, then Ville recalled tomorrow and see Peverley sent back with the return of Dumont for Tuesday. Sort of a unique way to list your scratches tonight...
Its interesting to see how this team consistently avoids making any decisions on personell. Instead of making the tough choices, we have continuously sent down the youngsters and played the vets (despite talent/performance). This hasn't been a problem with us because the guys that could challenge for a a role have not established any type of role with the team. That said, I think the avoidance of the issue has gotten to the point where a move has to be made. My guess is we make another trade for an UFA, which (IMO) is a mistake considering our true chances as a contender.