View Single Post
Old
04-21-2004, 01:47 AM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
As strange as it may appear, i think the Dowd trade is as much important as the kovalev one.

Before the kovalev arrival, we were missing a real experienced top line forward who could perform constantly on a long period ( When we compare to Perreault, i think 2 weeks is a long period ).
And before the Dowd arrival, we were missing stability on our checking/defensive line. I don't know about you, but i feel extremely confident seeing Dowd on the ice. He manages to calm the game, and turn the momemtum at times.

Without kovalev, we definitly would miss the goals that make a difference.
Without Dowd, we definitly would have taken more goals/hits than we did.

I'll take this moment to reinstate my blindly confidence in Bob Gainey. AS managed to draft some nice talented prospects and BG made the little moves that now are making the difference.

Langdon, Begin, Kovalev and Dowd turned the odds in our favor. Maybe he took a gamble in Kovalev, but Bingo !
I agree Catala... Dowd.. oh we can't go forgetting about Dowd... his PK skills, his experience, his calm manner under pressure.... The Batman and Robin line... he has been as just a good an acquisition as Kovalev. And quite rightly so as you put it... Kovalev gave us goals, though without Dowd we would have conceeded more and got hit alot more too!!!!

Bob and Andre have definately worked well this year lets just hope they have the opportunity to do some more work in the offseason and get us some just as unlikely success stories... OH please be a season next year!!!!!