View Single Post
Old
04-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
Here's mine:

MVP - Tomas Vokoun

Where would our team be without this guy? Sure he may not have been at the top of his game all season, but could you imagine where we would have been with Dunham?

Rookie of the Year - TIE Marek Zidlicky and Dan Hamhuis

Impossible to say which one of these two were more important to the team. Hammer was steady on the blue line and Marek was stellar on the PP. If Zids can improve his defensive coverage, I'd say he has a legitimate shot at a Norris Trophy in the future.

Most Improved - Here comes my homer pick of Martin Erat

Come on, there is no way that he isn't the most improved. Sure, you could say Mark Eaton, or Scott Hartnell, but Erat had to work with the offensively inept Denis Arkhipov for most of the season and was one of our best players. Hopefully he is a Predator for life.

Best Win - 1st playoff win vs. Detroit

We came out at home and played with the edge that we knew we could beat them, and we did. Gives us nothing but confidence going into game 4, which leads to the shutout.

Worst loss - 2-4 vs CBJ 2/16/04

Scoring 2 goals on yourself in your rival's barn can do nothing good. After that game I seriously questioned this team's commitment to the playoffs, but then of course it was announced that we got Sully, so maybe the game wasn't so bad after all?

Biggest Disappointment - Denis Arkhipov

Wow. Just wow. How anyone could play that bad and still have an NHL roster spot, just boggles the mind. Next award.

Best Part-time player - David Legwand

Hell, he only plays part of the time.

Best Prospect - Ryan Suter

Hopefully this kid can live up to the billing. Could you imagine a blueline with Hamhuis, Suter, Eaton, Zidlicky, Timonen, and Klein?

Lifetime Achievement - Barry Trotz

Could have gone either way with this pick, but I went with the head man. Trotz kept this team together through thick and thin. Remember how we were calling for his head? Now we are calling for a raise.