View Single Post
Old
02-19-2008, 02:07 AM
fintan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLoo View Post
I know it's an older thread, but I was recently looking into it and this came up on google. Convenient. Fintan, I'm not sure if you would know the numbers on this, but would you roughly know the salary that the teams pay out, on average? And perhaps the Belgian league if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Are you looking for the salaries that players can make or an idea of the budget of teams? Neither of these figures are released by teams in The Netherlands, but I can give you an educated guess...

Quite a few Dutch players will play for a minor fee, which sometimes translates to little more than travel expenses. Top imports at the top teams probably fetch something like euro 500,- to euro 700,- per week, plus housing, plus use of a car, plus medical insurance.

A team needs a budget of about euro 200.000,- to be able to make it through a season. The cost of ice is usually a large chunk of this and can be as much as 25% of the budget. With what type of budget the top teams work is not clear, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had two to three times that amount of money to spend.

fintan74 is offline   Reply With Quote