View Single Post
Old
02-20-2008, 12:31 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
That was a highly entertaining game. I think the Preds do well against the Oil in part because we have the speed and passing skill to take advantage of their lack of structure that comes with their attack/counter-attack style. It looks like neither team is playing defense but is really more a function of the defensemen not getting support from the forwards on many plays. In that scenario I think we have the clear advantage on the blueline.

Ellis was sharp even giving up 4 goals- only one that I thought he might have wanted back.

The Arnott goal to tie it back up at 4 was huge huge huge. It stopped the bleeding and I thought we controlled play for the most part after that goal. During that ugly 3 goal stretch in the second our guys (particularly the forwards) gave too much space/time to the Oil players- we looked tired. What was impressive was how hard the guys worked during the time it was tied 4-4. You have to love the effort from this team.

At the risk of being flamed for attacking him (), I thought Legwand had a (rare) weak game. He really seemed out of it last night- hopefully he isn't another flu victim.

For me, this team is so much more fun to root for than last year's team. If we get some strong goaltending at the right time...

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote