View Single Post
Old
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Kev22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
Just out of curiousity who here thinks a NTC will get waived to come TO the CBJ. Richards has a no movement clause and I sure would be in no hurry to waive it to come here when I could hold out for the possible chance of getting an offer from a playoff bound team. Why move just to move?
Professional athletes love to be told how great they are. If the organization you're part of wants to trade you, they don't think you're so great anymore. It's about being wanted. If another team offers enough to Tampa to get Richards, it is because they covet that player.

Put yourself in the same situation. Would you want to be someplace where you're not wanted. I wouldn't. It makes for a terrible situation and only hurt feelings. The only thing a NTC does for a player is allow them to pick where they'll go. How many players (I can only think of Wade Redden) have actually exercised their NTC? It doesn't happen very often and probably wouldn't in the case of Richards.

I think the chance to form a high powered line with Nash and either Modin or Zherdev would be pretty enticing.

Then again, maybe Richards hates Columbus like the NHL League Office does.

Kev22 is online now   Reply With Quote