View Single Post
Old
02-21-2008, 08:20 AM
The Goaltending Guru

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Goaltending Guru
How Can I Tell If I'm Weaing My Leg Pads Correctly?

This is going to sound really bad, but I really need some help. I just joined a roller hockey league and am playing goaltender for a couple of the house teams (the team in the beginner division and the team in the advanced division). I played goalie for one year in high school, but that's it. I played my first game in 10 years for the beginner division team last week and played a game last night with them. After last night's game, I got home and visited the message board of the rink I play at and there were two people on there (one of them the dude that was the ref for my game) laughing at the fact that I had apparently worn my leg pads backwards last night.

To the best of my knowledge, I didn't think I wore them backwards. This is news to me, especially since NO ONE, not even any of my own teammates, mentioned to me that they looked like they might be on backwards. I've got my first game in the advanced league tonight (I know what you're thinking..."You shouldn't be playing in the advanced league if you don't even know which leg which pad goes on". I know, but the league is hard-up for goalies, and since I play for free as a goalie, I figured I would play two nights a week). Anyway, I've got my first advanced league game tonight and I don't want to go out there and embarrass myself by wearing my pads backwards.

What are the easiest ways to make sure that I'm wearing my leg pads correctly? And also, with the strap(s) that go through the bottom of my skates, do I put just one strap through or two straps through? PLEASE HELP!

The Goaltending Guru is offline   Reply With Quote